- Cost of lagoon – £1.3bn (projected not actual)
- Electricity produced – 532 GWh pa, which is 0.15% of UK generation (projected not actual)
- This is enough to supply on average 40,000 homes
- Therefore the cost per household is £32,500
- There are an estimated 107,500 households in Swansea, so the lagoon could not supply half of the town.
- Even after the capital costs, ongoing costs will be substantial, for instance dredging and maintenance and replacement of turbines.
Saturday, 30 June 2018
The Swansea Green Power Barrage
just some numbers
Posted by Tom at 12:59